Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm a baaaad girl....The Zutter Kutter (Part 1)

I was doing a little shopping online today and came across a new (to me) gadget.  I don't have it yet but will post my thoughts on it once it arrives.  If you have it, I would love to hear what you think of it.

Most of you know that I create hand made books.  Many of you receive one of them for Christmas every year in the form of a recipe book.  What you don't know is how bloody hard it can be to cut bookboard for 18 cookie books.  Or how tedius it is to cut 270 sheets of card stock down to the size you need for the recipe card, which of course, is NEVER a standard size.  Why make it easy?

Lo and behold - the Zutter Kutter.  I already have the Bind-it-All tool and like it.  The O-wires come in plenty of sizes and they are always on sale somewhere.  I've used it for two book projects so far, one was a Halloween riddle book I gave out to the trick-or-treaters and the other was the Cookie book from Christmas 2008, pictured below (albeit a bit blurry, but the binding wires are what I'm trying to show).  So, I'm thinking since the Bind-it-All was a hit, this new cutter thingy will be too.   Stay tuned....


No comments: