Sunday, January 1, 2012

Playing on a theme

About a year ago, Hero Arts produced this wood mounted 4-square set of little birds holding Christmas things in their beaks.  They've been sitting in my Christmas card idea box since I got them.  I saw the "let the choir sing" sentiment stamp and immediately associated it with these little egg shaped birds.

If you've been following along, you know the 4-square card layout is one I use a lot.  This time they are all in a row, colored with markers, and placed on a background from K&Co.  I used another of the Tim Holtz edge dies to add a little something extra and his frosted spruce (or pine, maybe?) distress ink to smear things up a bit.  That's one of his Christmas special edition colors this year. 

The choir from the sentiment is, of course, meant to be angels.  But since I am way too secular to own any angel stamps, I picked the best part of an angel to bring the idea forward. The little birds make their appearance on the inside of the card.  The wings are from WRMK, stamped using Dove Grey Staz-On onto white card stock.  I cut them out and applied them with hot glue.  I love hot glue.  I'm using it more and more. Especially on cards that I know will be in the shoebox for a while.  Tombow is still my tape runner of choice, but nothing stays stuck over time like good ol' hot glue. 

Happy New Year! - AMK