I don't do a lot of decorating on the inside of these baby books, because I figure Mom will add her presonal touches. Each page is an envelope that holds a different colored page. Pictures and little notes to baby are added each month for the first year. The book always starts with the birth month.
Beyond the obvious, these little books have a lot of uses, all of which work better if you keep the book a secret while they are growing up. For example:
- When she brings home the first boyfriend you don't like, you can whip this little thing out and embarass the hell out of her. Be sure to have at least one naked baby picture.
- Or, when she's become a screaming teenage nightmare, you can give this to her and she'll have no choice but to treat you better.
- Or when she's a screaming teenage nightmare you can read it again and remember why you love her.
- Or, when she gets married, you can make a gift of it to her - something old maybe?
- Or, while she's pregnant with her first baby, you can give her this one, and make one for your soon to be grand baby and give her that after the arrival.