Sunday, December 16, 2012

Yuletide Greetings...

I've completed the Christmas cards I need for this year, but like usual, since I'm in the mood, I just keep going knowing I'll use them next year.  All together, I sent 37 hand made cards to friends and family this year.  If you didn't get one, it's because I don't have your mailing address.  Send it along and I'll put you on the list for next year.

This is the list of items I used to make the Yuletide Greetings card.  I turned off the flash to keep those plastic wrappings from shining.  If you click on it, it will get bigger and you can read the details pretty easily, hopefully.  I'm still working my way through the pile of Merry January paper I bought a couple of years ago.  This card uses "Breeze" and "Slush".  You can still find it on most paper crafting sites. 


I also used a couple  of Spellbinders nesting circle dies to cut out the dough-nut shape that gets stamped to form the wreath.  I stamped the dough-nut multiple times.  Stamp Forest Green just once, first.  Then stamp Cactus Green 3 or 4 times moving the stamp around on the circle.  Last, stamp the Teal Blue 3 or 4 times making sure you get it close to the edges of the outer circle.  The teal color ink brings out the teal in the background paper and makes it all work.  The black and silver dotty paper behind the wreath is more from the Die Cuts w/ A View Glitsy Glitter stack I wrote about a post or two ago. 

No comments: