Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Rose Breasted Grosbeak

This card, still with a song as it's backdrop includes Tim Holtz's bird image.  This is a Stamper's Anonymous wood mounted version, so you'll have to find it there.  It is, of course, a Rose Breasted Grosbeak in silhouette.  I layerd over some holly and ivy cut from Cricut's December 25th cartridge.  We are still using WRMK's Merry January card stock and that Merry Chistmas stamp is from my latest favorite Etsy store, Picture Show.  The inside of this card finishes the chorus with "...and a happy new year!" 

I thought about chalking the breast of the bird to reflect it's natural red color, but I stamped this on a pearl textured paper and I did not like how the color took to the paper after a trial run.  So, he stays in silhouette. 

No comments: