Thursday, October 13, 2011

This one's my Favorite of the bunch...

After I get all done with something like the Halloween cards, inevitably I have my favorites.  This year it's the one you see below.  There's two shots of the same card to illustrate something I do to keep things marginally unique.  They don't all have to be exactly the same, you know.  Experimenting is good!  (sorry about the color on the second one - it kind of washed out, but you get the idea)

There is something about that Giant Eyeball from Inkadinkado that just makes me laugh.  It is definitely a keeper.  I already have another idea on how to use it in my head.  Not sure if I should wait till next year or just make it now.  Hmmmm...

I pared the eyeball with paper from Reminisce (Halloween Night) and Basic Grey (Erie collection - Tombstone).  And, yes, there's another one of those Christmas stamps that just works perfectly for Halloween as well.  Anybody out there own their own copy of the Nightmare Before Christmas?  That's the first time I realized how alike the two holidays really are.  Tim Burton is genius. 

To get the shine you simply emboss the eyeball with clear embossing powder after stamping with black pigment ink.  The shine on the background swirl is Ranger glossy accents, again.  I do like that stuff.  I used it on the eyes of the jack-o-lanterns in the background and on some of the dots as well, just to add a little interest and keep the eye moving. 

Happy Halloween everyone!  Enjoy - AMK



No comments: