Sunday, January 30, 2022

Chinese New Year 2022 - TYOT Tiger

Hi everybody!  Here is the last of the next group of cards to go out with the mail next week.  I call it a mail blast.  There are a lot of holidays this time of year, so I just blast out a bunch of cards for the various celebrations.  It's luck of the draw for the recipients.  If you want to be on the mailing list, message me your address. You can find me on Facebook, or use the email posted on this blog.  I can't say you'll get a card for EVERY holiday, but you'll certainly get at least a couple throughout the year. 

Chinese New Year starts February 1st this year and it's the Year of the Tiger.  I pulled a Getty image down from the interweb for this (I love the flower on his nose) and added some goo-gahs just for fun. I debated about whacking off the yellow space at the top, but in the end, left it there.  Some of the prints from the interweb were a little wonky, so I included those as bookmarks.  I've got my own tiny tigers running around the place so I'm all set.  

Ground hog day is getting ignored this year.  I still have zero fun groundhog stamps.  He is elusive, that's for sure.  Plus, Ground Hog Day is complicated.  Does he see a shadow or not?  Is it 6 more weeks of winter or 6 weeks till Spring?  That's a lot of detail to try to get on card.  Don't get me wrong, I love Ground Hog Day.  I spend the whole day humming Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" in remembrance of the radio alarm clock from the movie.  I have made cards for this holiday in the past, but they were odd to say the least.  I think Andrea Sitzman probably got them.  OK! This is me ending the overthink about Ground Hog Day.

We have Valentine's Day in mid-February of course, and the Covid Anniversary card takes us to the beginning of March.  I've already got my St. Paddy's Day cards all done from last year, so that means I get to devote my attention to the cookie book until it's time to brake and make July 4th cards.  

I'm looking forward to putting the book together. I have not said that in over two years.  Hmmm.  I have a pretty good idea of the structure I want, but I'm going to have to custom cut all the page pockets.  I've got 4mm felt for the book cover, which is thick enough to perhaps be troublesome to cut, so I'll have to figure that out too.  All in good time...

Happy mid-Winter!

No comments: