Tuesday, February 11, 2020

2020 Lunar New Year- TYOT Rat.

My first ever Lunar New Year Card!  Don't know why it took me so long to want to make one of these, but it did.  I think I've been holding out for a really cool set of Chinese New Year character stamps.  Still yet to be found, BTW.  If you know of one, link me in.  Sure I can find the odd dragon, or rooster, but it would be cool to have a full set.  Like I said, link me in if you find something.  Bigger is of course always better.

Yes, there are images I can buy from various web sites that sell such things, but digital card making sucks.  There I said it.  I like my ACTUAL stamps.   I like wood mounted better than cling, and red rubber better than anything else out there.  I'm a purist.  What can I say.

Since nary a Christmas card did I send this past season, I went all out for the Lunar New Year and combined it with some Valentines I had in the shoebox of happiness.  It looks like those Valentines were already blogged about back in...wow, 2015?  I've been hanging onto them for 5 years?  I don't hang on to sweaters that long.

Since you can see those using the blog archive on the right, I'll not post those photos.   But here are some shots of The Year of the Rat.



No comments: