Tuesday, December 12, 2017

2016 Cookie Book - so I'm a little late...

As I prepare to post the cookie book for 2017, I see that I am negligent in posting last year's book.  Shame on me!  I am down to one post a year these days, but apparently last year it must have slipped my mind.  My bad...

Without further ado, I give you 2016's  "Home for the Holidays" cookie book.


Above is the Front Door of the little gingerbread inspired house.  The base of the book is constructed from simple corrugated cardboard I fashioned into a 5x5x5 box with a floor and appropriately peaked roof.  Once the basic shape was determined, the covering with paper and doo-dads commenced.  8 Sizzix triangles folded on center make up the tree.  I used a confetti die to quickly punch 50 dots at a time for the ornaments on the trees.  Various leaf punches, banner and ribbon dies make the wreath on the front door.  A die for making clouds was used to create the snow mounds around the foundation.  The roof shingles were cut with a cover-a-card die designed as fluttering hearts.  The icicles hanging from the roof are a Tim Holtz edge die, the windows on all sides were cut from Sizzix basic shapes and frames dies.  


Here at the back of the house is the title and candy cane all cut with the Cricut.


Inside are the recipe cards for treats the girls considered the one cookie that brings them home for the holidays no matter where they are.  The chimney doubles as a handle to remove the roof to reveal the recipes.



These last two show the sides of the house with the windows decorated for the holiday.  

Again, my apologies for not posting the 2016 book on time.  Shout out if you have any questions.  And I hope your 2017 is all that you could wish for and more. - AMK

No comments: